A conversation about the writing journey of Penna and Silbrith.
Current projects: Penna is writing a Caffrey Conversation story.
Silbrith will post Dances with Dinosaurs (Caffrey Conversation) on May 23.

Banner: Will Quinn

Monday, August 2, 2021

July 2021 Writing Projects: Camp NaNoWriMo

Penna and I both participated in Camp NaNoWriMo in July. Penna planned to work on Full Circle, a Caffrey Conversation story featuring Neal's father and the infamous evidence box from canon. My project was to finish the first draft of Foxy, my nickname for the second novel in the Sedlow Chronicles series. We've dismantled our camp tents now, and I'm happy to report we both met our goals.

As usual, Foxy's characters took me into uncharted waters. One of them decided they had a special relationship to a gender-bending pterodactyl. Gwynn's cat developed an unforeseen talent, and two of the characters went through life-changing transformations. Foxy is now in the editing phase, and I'm nervously hopeful about doing justice to their ideas.

A new month means new writing projects. In August, my goal is to write the next installment in the Six-Crossed Knot series. The year is 1704, and the current monarch in England is Queen Anne. Among the guest characters are Sarah Churchill, the Duchess of Marlborough, and Isaac Newton. The firedrake Corra also longs to be included.

On the publishing front, I've continued to post my stories on Wattpad. Last month I added Harlequin's Shadow (Caffrey Conversation), Night Howls on the Hudson (Crossed Lines), and Lion's Lair (Arkham Files). I'm currently posting The Musicians on that platform. Penna has also started posting on Wattpad. She's added two stories in the fandom of Jane Austen's works and the newly expanded version of Caffrey Conversation.




No comments:

Post a Comment