A conversation about the writing journey of Penna and Silbrith.
Current projects: Penna is writing a Caffrey Conversation story.
Silbrith will post Dances with Dinosaurs (Caffrey Conversation) on May 23.

Banner: Will Quinn

Monday, December 18, 2023

2023: The Year of White Collar finale stories

Eeek! I've neglected this blog terribly! I've been posting a lot on Tumblr, so you can check out what I'm up to there. 

Something that surprised me in my writing this year is that not only did I finally write a story about the White Collar finale, but I wrote three stories related to the finale! The latest one was posted today in honor of the anniversary of the finale airing. 

** Warning for major finale spoilers. **

Story 1: The Fix-It Job
This one is a crossover with Leverage that I posted in February for the Candy Hearts Exchange. By working with the Leverage team and using a time machine Mozzie acquired, Neal and friends change the past in ways that make the world a better place. And they eliminate the need for Neal to fake his death.

Story 2: I've Got You
This is my first Caffrey-Burke Day story, with a Flufftober inspiration. It's also my first 5 Times story. It features 5 times Peter said "I've got you" to Neal, and 1 time Neal said it. It's a short story, and yet it spans the entire length of the series from the pilot to post finale.  

Story 3: Joyeux Noel, Joyeux Neal
This is the story I posted today, for the Operation More White Collar holiday grab bag collection. It's the most angsty of the stories, with a focus on Neal and Sara. I envisioned what a post-canon happy ending would like like for them. It also directly addresses some of the more painful elements of the final seasons, especially regarding the relationship between Peter and Neal.

The theme I'm seeing is that I only write White Collar finale stories for prompts!

No comments:

Post a Comment