A conversation about the writing journey of Penna and Silbrith.
Current projects: Penna is writing a Caffrey Conversation story.
Silbrith will post Dances with Dinosaurs (Caffrey Conversation) on May 23.

Banner: Will Quinn

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

A Herculean Effort

With all of the coverage of the winter Olympics recently, I've wondered if I should try to make a link between that competition and our stories.

The only direct link is in By the Book, when Henry says that during the most recent winter games he became a fan of curling. But indirect links? We certainly have competitive characters, many of whom are in excellent physical condition. Those, however, didn't inspire me to write a post for our blog. What did inspire me was... Silbrith!

The number of stories Silbrith is juggling is astounding. Last week she posted the final chapter of Cinereous Skies, and isn't even taking a break before she starts posting Dark Rabbit. She posts to the blog more frequently than I do, and she produces amazing Pinterest boards.

I wonder: Is Silbrith related to Martha Stewart, the queen of amazing and complicated projects?

Silbrith listened with kindness and patience as I've inundated her with updates on my job search. As if that weren't enough, she's also edited each story I wrote for this month's Chocolate Box exchange on AO3. Yes, I've poured my job-search angst into fic, and have written 7 stories to be revealed later this month.

This amazing person, who has many other demands on her time -- including her own writing projects -- undertook the Herculean effort of editing 7 stories in the last two weeks.

That's Silbrith. Our association has always been marked by generosity on her part. It started with her generous praise of my stories, and then grew to an even more generous offer to take the role of editor.

We're hitting the 4th anniversary of that offer this month. So Happy Valentine's Day, Silbrith! And Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. Blushing over your kind words for what has been a pleasure so rewarding, it must be sinful. The latest example is the Chocolate Box Exchange. I sneakily finagled an advance taste of all the delectable chocolates which will soon be everyone's to enjoy.

    If Penna were in the Olympics, she'd be a figure skater. The proof is in the spectacular performance she just executed for AO3 where she choreographed 7 dazzling short programs in the midst of a job search and then skated each one of them to perfection. Happy Valentine's Day, Penna! Here's to another four years of adventures in writing!

    ReplyDelete