A conversation about the writing journey of Penna and Silbrith.
Current projects: Penna is writing a Caffrey Conversation story.
Silbrith will post Dances with Dinosaurs (Caffrey Conversation) on May 23.

Banner: Will Quinn

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

You are invited to a Caffrey wedding

You are invited to join Neal Caffrey and Sara Ellis as they attend the wedding of Neal's cousin Angela! The event takes place on San Juan Island in the Pacific Northwest, with guests staying in the town of Friday Harbor. There will be karaoke, cake, pirates, lavender fields, and dreams inspired by Jane Austen novels.

Each year I try to post a fic around the holidays. Writing this time of year brings comfort to me, and I hope it provides joy to readers. This year's offering is "Lavender Dreams." It was supposed to be a simple story, but since when do I do simple?

The first complication is the fact that wedding guests Henry and Eric have decided to use the romantic island setting to propose to each other. Both of them ask for Neal's help in planning a proposal that is supposed to be a surprise. 

The next complication is the fact that I've wanted to write a crossover between the Caffrey Conversation AU and Pride and Prejudice. Silbrith and I had discussed doing it as a dream sequence eventually. But now is even better than eventually, right? 

The third complication is the fact that when I wrote about Neal going to San Juan Island, in the back of my mind I kept hearing "The Island," as in White Collar season four episodes "Wanted" and "Most Wanted." How could I resist adding references to those episodes? I rewatched them and then added even more elements to my story.

So, you are invited to join Neal and Sara in attending a wedding, in meddling in the romances of their friends, and in dreaming about the future. 

You can read Lavender Dreams here

The story's Pinterest board is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment