A conversation about the writing journey of Penna and Silbrith.
Current projects: Penna is writing a Caffrey Conversation story.
Silbrith will post Dances with Dinosaurs (Caffrey Conversation) on May 23.

Banner: Will Quinn

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Novel progress: Solarpunk and Hopepunk

In trying to describe my non-dystopian novel, I'd used the term "green fiction" because the setting is a future world where the environment is healthy, where hovercars mean no paving over nature, and where technology has adapted to reduce pollution. Recently I learned there's an official term for this kind of story: Solarpunk

I was also delighted to learn that Hopepunk is a thing. Now my goal is to read examples of both Solarpunk and Hopepunk. Do they overlap? Which is the best description for what I'm writing?

It's going to be a fun reading adventure as I try to answer those questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment